Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hope

My humanness (is that even a word??) gets the best of me sometimes and my heavenly hope that things will be all better in eternity doesn't always satisfy the longing to have life be a bit better now on this earth.  I'm always researching, trying new things that might help David feel better, function better, live like a 31-year old husband and father should.  I saw a quote yesterday that sums up how I feel on most days, "What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible." --Theodore Roethke.  But we have God, and He is enough.  He does all things well.

But God works through people here and now on this earth.  We've been given a boost of hope by a few professionals lately after a dry season of lots of comments and actions that seemed to imply, "Be thankful for what you have but this is about as good as it gets. Live with it."  A series of bladder infections got David a referral to a urologist who has been very kind and has given some hope for improvement by external means to help his spasms.  A friend of David's posted an article about a man with a brain injury.  I bought his book on Kindle and started reading his story and learned about two fascinating doctors in Chicago area.  I decided to check their websites out and then call them to see how legit they were.  I called one of them today and got her on the phone... no receptionist, no annoying phone tree maze, no answering machine...the real deal!!  She was the coolest, most helpful person I've talked to in a long time that actually seemed interested in David improving more.

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13

1 comment:

  1. How neat that you got straight through to the doctor!

    ReplyDelete