Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

New Life

As many of you know, we welcomed another daughter into our family on July 30th a little before 1am.  She is perfect.  She sleeps a lot (in contrast to her older sister!) and is such a peaceful little presence in our home.  She's just what I need.  I was going through major baby fever last summer when my niece was born but I thought it an impossible thing, a gift that I shouldn't set my hopes on.  I didn't even take pregnancy tests because I didn't want to be disappointed.  I should've just been thankful that God gave us our first daughter without trying or knowing that she was being knitted together before David's accident.  But I longed for another baby, for some selfish reasons, but also so that our first daughter wouldn't be an only child.  David didn't remember my pregnancy or birth of our first daughter so I wanted him to experience this joy at least once.  God is so good!  One of the first things that the doctors told me that might not "work" was for David to have children after his accident, before I even knew he had a massive brain injury.  At that point I didn't care, I just wanted my husband alive.  Little did I know the dire news that would be delivered to me 3 years ago, the journey that lay ahead of us, or the gifts that God would grace us with along the way.

Well, here she is, our second miracle baby, born just a week shy of David's 3 year anniversary of his accident...a lovely reminder of life and hope.
ABI ARIANA HANSON




5 comments:

  1. Thankful she has arrived safely and is a good baby. Love Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful she has arrived safely and is a good baby. Love Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you both! God's gifts are truly amazing and He uses little children to reveal Himself to us. Blessings on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I was an apprentice with Dave and was wondering how he was doing. Glad I found this page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you work with him? I'll have to ask if he remembers you. :)

      Delete